Windows 10 wifi very slow. 4 tips to simplify this “external problem”

Oct 04, 2022 - Views: 190

Rating:4.6 - 50Votes

One of the most widely used operating systems on the planet, Windows 10 is not without its flaws. It has exceeded the features that 8.1 failed to but at a very annoying cost. The resource and bandwidth consumption to run these features can be substantial and completely detrimental to your online enjoyment.

These features will generally work silently in the background, consuming resources, making Windows 10 wifi very slow. Continue reading this article to find out why and how to fix this situation.

Slow wifi on Windows 10

Slow wifi on Windows 10

Some information about Windows 10 

Windows 10 first launched in 2015 and packs a punch with a ton of new features. Although appealing in terms of usability and functionality when placed next to older Microsoft operating systems, its business requires significant amounts of system resources and network bandwidth.

Windows 10 delicately runs multiple background processes and services at the same time, which inherently reserves some of your precious Internet bandwidth for ancillary features you may not need all the time.

Windows 10 

Windows 10 

Windows 10 wifi slow will not be a problem. It can be caused by laptop or wifi transmitter or others factors. If you often work a lot on the Internet such as watch movies, listen to music, broadcast a stream …, slow wifi can be more easily realized. 

See more: Does having too many devices on wifi slow it down

How to fix Windows 10 slow wifi?

If you're struggling with intermittently Windows 10 slow wifi 2018, know that you're not alone. This guide will walk you through many different tasks you can try to troubleshoot and get your wifi back to running smoothly as it should.

Close running background apps

Why is my wifi adapter so slow? If you have many apps open in the background, your battery's Internet bandwidth will be drained much faster than usual. Also, it is a factor for the problem of wifi adapter slow and the Windows 10 slow wifi.

Running Skype, anti-virus software, and even sluggish browser tabs while gaming, streaming…. also can cause wifi slow on Windows 10. Even that, this is one of the reasons why is my Xfinity wifi so slow.

For that, you need to get rid of all open background apps that slow wifi speed Windows 10 to improve this problem.

Close running background apps

Close running background apps

Adjust Internet bandwidth settings

By default, Windows reserves 20% of your bandwidth for Windows Update, system applications, and other purposes, leaving you with 80% of your Internet connection bandwidth.

If you don't use Windows Update daily and the preset limit slows down your Internet, you can remove the limit by setting the value to 0.

Adjust Internet bandwidth settings

Adjust Internet bandwidth settings

Update your WiFi drivers

The problem of slow wifi Windows 10 can occur if you are using the wrong/outdated WiFi driver. So you should update your WiFi/network adapter driver to see if it fixes your problem.

If you don't have the time, patience, or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.

Update your WiFi drivers

Update your WiFi drivers

Disable Large Send Offload (LSO) feature

Large Send Offload (LSO) is a recent feature of Windows 10 that aims to improve overall network performance.

Ironically, this feature allows background apps to run and consume network bandwidth, and cause wifi slow Windows 10. However, like the other items on this list, it can be disabled easily. Please do this to improve the situation of slow WiFi speeds.

Disable Large Send Offload (LSO) feature

Disable Large Send Offload (LSO) feature

See more: Why is my wifi adapter so slow

Conclusion

Now, you will no longer have to worry about Windows 10 wifi very slow. With the interesting troubleshooting tips that this article provides, you will be able to easily avoid unnecessary troubles.

Rating:4.6 - 50Votes

0 Comments

Filter

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Submit Comment