Speed check online: How much speed you need for Xbox, PS4, Nintendo
Views: 228 - Share this post if you find it interesting!
Speed check online is a good way to know whether or not your internet speed is sufficient for online gaming. It’s definitely frustrating when we play online games with low internet speed. So, let’s take a look at today’s article of Speed check online: How much speed is needed for Xbox, Ps4, and Nintendo.
To be honest, nothing is worse than online gaming with a sluggish internet connection. We all know that. Sometimes, poor internet performance is the main reason ruining your gaming experience. That is the reason why we need to run an internet speed check online before starting the games. In the world of online games these days, Xbox, Ps4, and Nintendo are among the most popular games. Right now, we are about to figure out how much speed we need for playing them. But first, let’s see how much the minimum speed we should have to play online games. Here we go!
With an internet speed check online, you will know if your current speed is sufficient for gaming
Minimum internet speed requirements for online gaming
Each type or platform of online game is different that requires a specific internet speed to ensure a smooth gaming experience. There are games that just need a normal speed but others require a very fast internet performance. Generally speaking, you will meet the minimum speed requirements for playing online games at the speeds listed below here.
Ping rate: <150ms
Download speed: about 3 Mbps
Upload speed: about 1 Mbps
Just an internet speed check online, you will know if your current speed meets these minimum requirements or not. However, you should bear in mind that these numbers are minimum speed for a single-player only. If you want to have a better online gaming performance, your speed test results should have the download speeds of about 15 – 25 Mbps per player.
For more than 1 gamer using the same network connection, we need to multiply the speed requirements by the number of gamers who would play the game at the same time. If you have 3 players in your home, for example, you will need an internet connection with a download bandwidth of at least 9 Mbps. Don’t forget to check the specific speed requirements for particular gaming systems before making your calculations. In the next parts of this writing, we are going to learn more about specific speed requirements for Xbox, PS4, and Nintendo.
How much speed do you need for online gaming?
Required internet speed for online gaming by system
Depending on the genre and the game systems, you need different speeds to enjoy the best gaming experience. Right below here are the minimum internet speed requirements for specific gaming systems.
- Internet speed requirements for Xbox One. For Xbox One, you will need a minimum speed test results with 3 Mbps of download speed, 0.5 Mbps of upload speed, and an allowable ping rate of 150ms.
- Internet speed requirements for PlayStation 4. For PlayStation 4 or PS 4, you will need speed with 3 Mbps of download speed, 1 Mbps of upload speed, and ping rate of 150ms.
- Internet speed requirements for Nintendo Switch. For Nintendo Switch, you will need the same speeds as for PlayStation 4 which features 3 Mbps of download speed, 1 Mbps of upload speed, and ping rate of 150ms. Although Nintendo doesn’t directly state its internet speed recommendations, it does ask players to test their internet speeds in its troubleshooting guide to see if they meet 1 Mbps upload speed and 3 Mbps.
- Internet speed requirements for Nintendo Wii U. For Nintendo Wii U, you will need the speed with minimum download speeds of 2 Mbps, upload speed of 1 Mbps, and the maximum ping rate of 150 ms. Along with that, the minimum download speed HD should be 5 Mbps.
Please bear in mind that these numbers mentioned recently are suggestions just for one-player gaming. If your household has more than 1 gamer or multiple players, then you need to multiply these internet speeds by the numbers of gamers who will utilize your connection to know how much speed you need for gaming. That’s the reason why you should perform an internet speed check online before gaming.
You should use hardwired connection for better gaming experience
Speed check online: How to improve internet speed for better gaming experience?
After performing speed check online a few times, you find that your connection is insufficient for gaming, or though it’s sufficient, you still experience game lag, well, it’s time for you to improve your internet speed. But how should you do that? Right below here are 5 small suggestions that can help you improve your internet speed for better gaming:
- Be sure that the internet package you choose provides enough bandwidth to support online gaming and all of the other online activities. If there are other devices or users using the network at a time, you will need to consider upgrading your internet plan to ensure sufficient bandwidth for all devices and users.
- In case you don’t plan to upgrade your internet plan, you may need to disconnect other devices connected to the internet which eat up bandwidth if it’s possible.
- Use a hardwired connection instead of a wireless connection. If it’s possible, you should directly connect your gaming devices to the router with a wired Ethernet cable. It seems less convenient than using the Wi-Fi connection, yet gives you the best speed for gaming.
- If you have to use the wireless connection, then get as close to your router as possible,
- Consider updating the router (also referred to as modem) if it is over 5 years old. Today, there are types of router designed to handle the best speed of the internet for online gaming. Well, if you are experiencing huge game lag, you may consider having one if you find it necessary.
Recently, we learned about how much speed is needed for Xbox, PS4, Nintendo as well as ways to improve internet speed for the better gaming experience. Speed check online is a good way to know if we have sufficient speed for gaming and other online activities. Don’t forget to run speed tests to make sure your internet is fast enough for the game. Well, that’s all for our today’s article. Really hope that this writing is helpful to you.