Ping test online: How to get a good ping for gamers
Views: 1358 - Share this post if you find it interesting!
Ping test online may be strange to many internet users but gamers not. Today, online games have become a daily hobby, even a major income for many people because it is one of the entertainment spots to help them relieve stress fastest in so much stressed life. In online games, ping speed plays an important role to decide the win-loss. Therefore, gamers often run the website test ping to check ping before playing games. So what is ping? How to get a good ping? The answers will be disclosed clearly in the article.
What is ping?
Ping can be tested by a unique ping test online or a general speed test. For internet speed tests, apart from download and upload speed, the ping result is also shown.
In general, a ping (Packet Internet Groper) is a signal sent to a host that requests a response. It serves two primary purposes: to check if the host is available and to measure how long the response takes. The ping command is commonly used to check for network errors, check if two devices on a certain network are connected, or simply to communicate with each other.
Besides, in games online, ping or latency is known as the time they can send a command to the game and have the game (or its server) display what happened. The ping time, measured in milliseconds, is the round trip time for the packet which leaves your computer to reach the host and return to the sender.
The ping test online shows the ping speed
Ping test online: What is a good ping?
The lower the ping is, the better speed the internet connection has. Low ping is always better, as it means lower latency, allowing for faster communication between you and the remote server. This applies to everything you do online whether you're playing a game or just opening some basic applications like Facebook, safari, or Instagram.
Also, the ping has a huge influence on online games. To be more detailed, for example, if you're playing a game with a 20ms ping, you'll have very low latency. The actions you perform seem to happen instantly in the game. If you have a higher ping speed like 200ms, the actions you perform will be significantly delayed and you may not be able to keep up with other gamers. Therefore, it is absolutely easily understood that you will lose.
This is why some multiplayer online games show you how much your ping is or running the ping test online to check the current ping. It helps you understand how fast your connection is and what kind of action you can expect to do on the server.
Pubg has become the most popular online game which attracts a lot of players. Are you a big fan of this online game? Have you ever wonder which good ping for Pubg? Let’s use the ping test online for free and compare it to the intervals below to see if your internet connection has a good ping or not. Which ping is the best for playing games?
< 30 ms: excellent ping, smoothly and fast speed, ideal for online gaming
30 to 50 ms: average ping; still good enough for online gaming
50 to 100 ms: somehow slow ping time; not too noticeable for web browsing but may affect game playing
100 ms to 500 ms: slow ping, web browsing still smoothly, but noticeable lag in online gaming
> 500 ms: bad ping, cause a noticeable delay to all requests
Tips to get a good ping for gamers
After checking the ping test online and comparing, it is realized that the current ping is not what you expect. So, how to improve ping speed to have an enjoyable gameplay moment? Here are some tips you can easily do it.
1. Check website test ping/ app: Most online games will be able to measure and display your exact ping to the server you’re playing on. If you’d like to know what your ping is before playing, there are many speed checks online, speed tests being which is available and worth for you to use such as MySpeed, Speedtest, FAST.
Besides, there are also many best ping app for Pubg or other online games, you can search on CH Play, Appstore to download.
Run the website test ping to check the current ping speed
2. Turn off any unnecessary programs: opening multiple programs will take internet data resources, therefore, the online game performance can be affected a lot.
3. Consider changing your connection to a wired one: In general, a wired connection is faster than a wireless one. Because there are some factors influencing the internet broadcast transfer like electronic devices, walls or doors also affect its transfer. Therefore, using a wired connection is the best choice for gamers. Run the website test ping and compare between 2 types of connection, you will see the difference.
4. Place near the router: When using a wireless connection, place your computer is not too far from the router, or consider using a Wi-Fi range extender to improve the strength of the connection. The closer to the router, the better speed. This way eliminates potential influencing factors and improves internet speed.
5. Try a powerline adaptor: it uses your home's electrical wiring to move your internet signal around your home without the same speed degradation as Wi-Fi. Plug one in near your router and connect it with an Ethernet cable, then plug the second one in near your gaming setup and wire it to your devices, you'll enjoy speeds and latency that are almost as fast as what you'd get from a direct, wired connection. Netgear Powerline AC1200 has been a favorite powerline adaptor recently.
6. The ping test online free also helps you check the current speed. If anyone else is on the same network as you, and if they’re using a ‘web heavy’ service like streaming platforms YouTube, Netflix, or Twitch, the best thing you should do is that to play online games at other times to have a good ping and have smooth internet speed.
7. Upgrade the gaming router: A fancy gaming router can definitely help guarantee that your home's connection is optimized for gaming. However, prices for modern routers are quite high which typically ranges from around $175 to as high as $400 or even $500. That's a lot to pay for a bit less ping and it is spent for die-hard gamers mostly.
Gaming router is confirmed to have lower ping by the ping test online
Are you going to have an intense match with teammates? Let’s run the ping test online to make sure that your ping speed is good enough or not. If not, don’t forget to apply the 7 useful tips above to get a lower ping for perfect game-playing moments.